What is it about Gingerbread Houses? They are always a total disaster... our cookie tree shattered, there was icing in our hair and up our noses, gummie trees were sticking to the kids' grubby, slobbery hands, we couldn't get Porter to stop EATING the cookies, and colorful candy balls were strune across the entire kitchen. Needless to say, I was totally stressed.
So why do we love them so much?
Spence suprised us with this Gingerbread House the other day... just a kit from Costco.
It's totally ugly... the tree has been glued over and over again, the icicles fell off and a lot of the candy has been sucked on. It is in no way appetizing to look at... but I LOVE it.
It's totally ugly... the tree has been glued over and over again, the icicles fell off and a lot of the candy has been sucked on. It is in no way appetizing to look at... but I LOVE it. I can only think of 1 reason why. Taking a night off from cleaning, from shopping, from present wrapping, from TV, from everything just to be together.
Even if it was a disaster, it was totally worth every messy, slobbery stressful second.
Thank you Spence for our new family Christmas Tradition. I can't wait to start planning our 2009 Gingerbread House!
If you have any stressful family traditions that you love, I wanna hear about 'em! Please share.
If you have any stressful family traditions that you love, I wanna hear about 'em! Please share.



3 comments:
I love it! Our princess castle turned out much the same way, but it is all about the memories. Looking forward to seeing you on the 23rd!
At least you guys made one. I wasn't even going to attempt it. I hate having candy around. I just wanted to thank you for the cute christmas ornament Teagan brought home from nursery and her coloring book. The picture is adorable. Did you take it? Thanks again! You have done some fun things with those kids.
Just decorating the tree--I mean seriously, does everything have to be totally breakable? They fight over the ornaments. It's a serious headache. Not to mention Christmas shopping--Have you been to Wal-Mart this month?
I think that may be a mom's true "spirit of Christmas"--freaking out!
I love your Gingerbread house. Especially the "grass"
Post a Comment