Sunday, September 27, 2009

Show Time!

WARNING... The images displayed on this post are SHOCKING! Not only is Allison wearing a bikini, but she's also greased down and painted BLACK. View at your own risk.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!

Today, I'm feeling pretty good. My competition is over and I am happily fed and watered. I had a great day yesterday... met a lot of great people and had a lot of fun! Here are some pics from the event...

I am second from the left.

The Class winner AND Overall winner is that chick with the really short dark hair... 2 to the right from me.



It was a long hard haul, and eventhough I didn't win (or even PLACE, for that matter) I feel great about it. I'm not going to lie... I wanted to win... I'm sad I didn't! BUT I feel good because I reached my goal... to be as lean and as cut as I could by September 26th. The day before the show, I weighed in at 118 lbs and 9.8% body fat! I'LL TAKE THAT!! (and not to be RUDE, but chick that won my division was NOT that lean.)


Well, now I know what it feels like to be in a FIGURE COMPETITION. Truthfully, I don't know if I'd ever want to do another. I LOVED the training and getting to know my body more and becoming lean and fit and strong... I'd do THAT part again! But the actual SHOW... I don't really GET IT, I guess. I didn't WANT to wear all the crazy sparkly jewelry and funky make-up. I didn't really LIKE to walk their special walk and paint myself black and POSE and fake smile and hope the judges like me. I thought it'd be more about levels of fitness... it wasn't. It was like a pagent and that is SO NOT my style. I loved learning what it's all about and I'm glad I did it! Maybe it's too soon to tell... (I hear you get the "BUG" for it)... but today... right now... I don't want to do another one. I reached my personal goal... to be the MOST FIT in my class. And even though the judges didn't think so, I feel like I WON!

Thanks to all my friends and family that supported me!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Al!!!! We wish we could have been there to see you strut your hot stuff. We are sooooo impressed, you're awesome. -Lindsey & Marshal

audra said...

Nice job! I think you're #1, maybe I'll send you a ribbon. -Audra

Lacey said...

Holy Smokies my new African American friend! You look ridiculously buff!! I bet you were amazing -- congratulations!

Kelli said...

OK girl...gotta be honest...I'm not going to piss you off ever again...you could like totally kick my trash!!!!

Jessica Potter said...

Way to meet your goal! Very inspiring!

Heather said...

You inspire me! I am amazed at your dedication and will. Good Job Girl!!

Brandy said...

YAy! Allison! Now can we go to Wingers? And you'll actually EAT with us?

audra said...

I seriously can't stop looking at these pics. Why do they paint you black?

McCall said...

I wish my pictures turned out as good as yours!

spencer said...

Holy crap of America I love your guts. You looked incredible Allison. I hope that you are so proud of yourself for all the hard work that you put in to get your body to look that way. You did AWESOME!!!! Love you

Jana said...

I love your guts too - what's left of them!

Lilian said...

Spence too every word right out of my mouth!!

LOVE YOU!

Lisa said...

Wow...I agree with Kelli!:) I am proud of you for reaching your goal. Congrats!

Lisa said...

Just wanted to say congrats again. You are so motivated. Will you pass some of that along to me? Yay for you!

Dagley Family said...

Hey HOT Allison! This is serious dedication! Awesome job! and did Spencer just say I love your guts? Cute! reminds me of my friends from highschool we wrote that on our notes all the time.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Congrats, Al! I could never go in front of all those people in a bikini. Maybe hot pants, but not a bikini.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That's Max's nursery teacher :) HOLY SMOKES!! You are one hot mama. You must have laughed when I said I wanted your arms... I just hadn't seen
'the rest' of you yet :)

Lory said...

Sorry, I'm not a sick stocker... it's just Lory :)

Lesley said...

Hi Allison, a funny thing happened when I went "blog lurking", I came across your blog and as I scrolled down to see the happenings of the Harris family I came across this post. When I saw the first picture I thought, "funny Allison, pasting her head on somebody elses body". LOL!!! Then I scrolled down further and realized,that is Allison's body. WOW!!! Way to go. You look great and what an accomplishment. Maybe I'd better start going to Gold's Gym.

PS I'm not sitting by you at the beach next summer ;-)