Spence was so excited... he took Jack to his first U of U football game yesterday. You've got to teach them early... there are a lot of bad BYU influences in this neighborhood. We don't want our children to be misled by those fools. I can just hear them... "You'll be cool if you become a BYU fan." or "Try BYU... one time won't kill you." We want our children to be strong in their beliefs and not be afraid to punch any cougar that tells them to wear braided belts or Burkenstock shoes or listen to Brian Shupe. I always tell my boys "Lameness never was happiness."
Our kids WILL love the U. It has brought Spencer and me so much happiness through the years... we want the same for our kids. We sing "I am a Utah Man" as a lullaby to our boys each night and we make them scream "GO UTES" 87 times before we feed them.
Some people think we're crazy... I think we're just loving, concerned parents who want thier kids to know the TRUTH and to believe in what is right.
We never said being a U fan would be easy... we only said it would be worth it!
Here are pictures of them before the game...
NOT!

NOT!.jpg)



8 comments:
As I was reading your post I was actually humming "Utah man am I" in my head.
I'm so glad you are teaching your children early in their youth. Somehow one of my children has gone astray and believes that the Cougars are the best. Oh the saddness his father has brought upon his soul!
Elder Nielsen will be so proud~
Oh you poor misguided souls. I understand why you would choose to be U fans, it is much easier to spell than BYU. Understanding your back grounds and limited access to higher learning institutions such as a Gunnison High graduate, like yours truly. Besides you are being a green family, with the fuel costs and emissions. It would be more costly to drive to Provo. It was surprising that they were able to beat Weber so badly, by whay 14 points.
All kidding aside, I wish it were Utah, BYU and Bosie at the top 3 this year. With the Utah BYU game ending in a tie. What would the world of the great schools do then??
Ever notice how pooger fans are so long winded? (see above comment) It's almost like they are trying to convince themselves to be BYU fans!
Oh, Allison! Honey, you have been led astray somewhere. I am so sorry, we have a little group that gets together once a month for rehabing Ute fans and I would be more than happy to find a spot for your cute fam. Its okay, we can help! Its never too late to repent...GO BLUE!!
Go Utes!!!
Weak Al. Weak.
It looks like I can't persuade Jack to be a Cougar fan, but can I at least encourage him to embrace the Cubs?
the blood runs red at our house too, well all of us except spencer (my spencer) who really did fall under the influence of his blue blooded friends. our neighborhood is full of them! tragic.
hey, we're RED and we LOVE ryan shupe and the rubberband! they go with either color i think. :)
Someone named "Redneck" accusing Utah fans of having limited access to higher education? How delicious. Tell him (her) to go pollute his(her) own blog.
At least Utah has never been censured by the AAUP for lack of academic freedom
Post a Comment