Wednesday, July 1, 2009

the CAPTAIN

It's amazing what a nice RENTED camera lens can do for you. The other day, I had one and was walking down Main Street in Ogden. Several people stopped me and asked me what kind of camera/lens I had, blah, blah... I totally made stuff up to look smart. Anyway, I met this big huge BROTHER, who stopped me and asked me about my business. He told me he was also a photographer and said he charged $3,000+ for weddings. Then he said he'd pass people my way, if they couldn't afford him. (thanks... I think?) He handed me his business card and told me to email him my info. I took the card... not thinking much about it. When I got home and pulled the card out of my pocket, I was intrigued. Here it is... I bleeped out his number and email... just because I know this is NOT someone I want to make mad. Gosh, I wish I had taken a better LOOK at Captain Midnight's business card when I was actually WITH him... then I'd have KNOWN I was speaking to a SUPER HERO! (or a super psycho... depending on which way you look at it.)
Sweet.

10 comments:

Jana said...

Glamour shots by the Captain.

Dirk Handlebar said...

Jana is funny.

And clever.

Brook said...

I love your photography but man... how could I pass up an opportunity to have family pictures taken by Captain Midnight? I bet the kids would cooperate really well...

Anonymous said...

his name wasn't "Super Dell" was it?

Brandy said...

So? Did you contact this guy? Details!!!

Jenny Moore said...

I love how "aerobatic flight" is written upside down. also, "extraction"? "Mercenary"? Ogden is way more exciting than Kaysville!

Sarah said...

Too hilarious! Thanks for sharing. Thoughts of Captain Midnight will help me feel at least somewhat sane on my craziest days...

Mandy said...

Wow, Captain Midnight sounds like...well, you know. But I think you just inspired my new business card. 'Cept I'm gonna mix in Mary Kay Mama, Pistol Packing Cutie, stuff like that and give ol' Captain a run for him money! ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

may I quote this very wise woman i know?..."remember when you used to blog? that was awesome!"

hehehe

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

WOW! i wish i had seen this earlier. then, i could have enjoyed for that much longer. i love that it says "HNIC" in the lower right corner. i like to think of myself as the HHIC at work.

El Jeffe~